INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
VDB Loi Named Myanmar Tax Firm of the Year at International Tax Review 2019 Tax Awards
VDB Loi has received yet another award and is proud to be recognized as the Myanmar Tax Firm of the Year at the International Tax Review (ITR) 2019 Asia...
IN THIS ISSUE
Myanmar Power Barges: Legal and Tax Issues
[From our Energy and Infrastructure Team, Myanmar]
10 Frequently Asked Questions about the Myanmar Industrial Design Rights Law 2019
[From our Telecom, Media and Technology Team, Myanmar]
Central Bank of Myanmar provides a warning against the risks of transactions with cryptocurrencies
[From our Banking and Finance Team, Myanmar]
Change of the Income Year in Myanmar: What Do Companies Need to be Aware of?
[From our Taxation Team, Myanmar]
Special Client Alert: Tax Saving Opportunities
[From our Cambodia Office]
Client Alert: Tax treatment of seniority payments clarified and VAT exemption on recruiting and training fees
[From our Cambodia Office]
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
19 June 2019, Tokyo
The First Environmental Compliance Certificates: What Are the Key Things to Know for Developers and Lenders?
28 June 2019, Yangon
- How does an actual ECC look like?
- Which environmental conditions are imposed on project activities in the ECC?
- Are public consultations a legal requirement?
- Can you start preparation or construction without the ECC?
- From EIA to ECC: process and actors
- Who can oppose an ECC being issued and how can that be resolved?
- Can an ECC be transferred?
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Market entry expertise: We are providing legal and tax advice to a European renewable energy company on its market entry into Myanmar.
Tower acquisition: VDB Loi’s TMT team has been engaged by a leading regional telecommunications company to assist with all aspects of its tower acquisition deal.
Tax team breaks new ground: VDB Loi’s tax team is assisting a regional oil & gas company with its precedent-setting appeal to the Large Taxpayers’ Office.
New renewable energy projects: The Energy and Infrastructure team is advising a foreign player on the development of various wind power projects, including drafting of the power purchase agreement with the Electric Power Generation Enterprise. The team is also acting as local counsel for a consortium on the development of a reservoir hydropower project in northern Myanmar.
NEW MYANMAR LAWS AND REGULATIONS THIS MONTH
Bill on Industrial Zone Law
Newly drafted to control the Industrial Zone Land permits
Bill on Law amending the Union Judiciary Law
Mainly changed on the appointment of Judges by Chief Justice
- Prime Minister Lines Up Wide Range of Tax Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Our Yangon Office: New Address (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Awarded Best for Tax Cambodia, Law in Laos (VDB Loi Insights)
- Cambodian Government Increases Subsidies for Pregnant Women and Young Children (VDB Loi Insights)
- Vietnam New Regulation from State Bank of Vietnam on Foreign Loans (VDB Loi Insights)
- Automated System to Apply for E-Commerce Licenses/Permits Available (VDB Loi Insights)
- New National Power Development Plan in Vietnam (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar: Major Changes in the Union Tax Law 2023 (VDB Loi Insights)
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights