INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
VDB Loi Vietnam – Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives
Vietnam investment regime provides for a broad range of various business incentives. However, the regime of benefits and eligibility criteria are set out in very many laws, regulations and...
IN THIS ISSUE
Regulatory Update on the Implementation of the Competition Law
[From our Cambodia Office]
On 5 October 2021, the Royal Government of Cambodia issued the Law on Competition (“Competition Law”) with the aim to provide a more fair...
Notification No. 5367 GDT dated 14 February 2023 issued by the General Department of Taxation on “2022 Market Interest Rates for Loans”
[From our Cambodia Office]
The General Department of Taxation (“GDT”) issued a notification announcing the 2022 market interest rates for loans. The rates were determined by calculating the...
Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
[From our Myanmar Office]
The Foreign Exchange Supervisory Committee (“FESC”) decided to grant foreign companies an exemption from mandatory forex conversion in its meeting no.78/2022. In this regard,...
Circular No. 03 dated 22 February 2023 issued by the Foreign Exchange Policy Department of the Bangladesh Bank on “Raising of the Limit for Declaration on Form C of Inward Remittances”
[From our Bangladesh Office]
Aiming to facilitate inward remittances, the threshold for having to declare inward remittances on Form C has been raised from US$10,000 to US$20,000 or...
Circular No. 01 dated 7 February 2023 issued by the Foreign Exchange Operation Department of the Bangladesh Bank on “Funds Endorsed against a Traveler’s Passport”
[From our Bangladesh Office]
The Bangladesh Bank has instructed authorized dealer banks and money changers to verify the amount of foreign currency a customer has spent against their...
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Wind power acquisition in Bangladesh: VDB Loi Bangladesh is advising a major Chinese wind power generation company on its acquisition of a wind project in Bangladesh.
Financial services advisory in the Lao PDR: The Lao team is advising the lender, a major bank in the country, on the restructuring of a project finance agreement.
Global shipping lines choose VDB Loi: A number of global shipping lines have engaged VDB Loi Cambodia to handle their tax matters in Cambodia.
Tax services in Myanmar: The Tax team is providing tax audit services for a major regional power company in Myanmar.
M&A transaction in the energy sphere: The Vietnam team assisted on the Vietnamese aspects of a global M&A transaction involving a renewable energy company.
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year