INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
For many developing countries, one of the most common types of related party transactions is intra group services. This could be domestic, but is predominantly cross border services provided...
IN THIS ISSUE
Good News for Investors: Cambodia Moves More Licensing Procedures Online
[From our Cambodia Office]
New MIC Permit or Endorsement to Be Issued to Businesses Suffering Fire Damage in Myanmar
[From our Regulatory Team - Myanmar Office]
Set Up a Website for Online Sales – What a Seller Needs to Know?
[From our Vietnam Office]
Change of the Financial Year for Banks, Financial Service Companies, and Mobile Financial Service Providers in Myanmar
[From our Taxation Team - Myanmar Office]
The Bank of the Lao PDR Mandates Exchange Bureaus to Tie Up With Commercial Banks – What to Expect?
[From our Laos Office]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Advisory for INGO: VDB Loi is advising an international development and humanitarian organization in connection with its operations in Myanmar.
International law firms rely on VDB Loi’s on-the ground-knowledge: The Regulatory team is handling the Myanmar corporate registration and compliance work for the client of a major international law.
Wind power project in the Lao PDR: A leading player in clean electricity generation and energy services engaged VDB Loi Laos to prepare a PDA and PPA bankability report in connection with its acquisition of a stake in the Lao PDR’s first wind power project, arguably the largest wind power project in Southeast Asia.
Land issues for power project: VDB Loi Cambodia is assisting a regional renewable energy company with a complex land conversion for its solar power project.
Tax advisory on a gas-to-power project in Myanmar: The Tax team is advising on the detailed tax implications and compliance issues for the full scope of operations in connection with a regional oil & gas company’s domestic gas-to-power project in Myanmar.
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year