INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
Dubbed by some “an economic miracle”, even the global pandemic has not been able to stamp out Bangladesh’s upward development trajectory. It eked out its larger neighbor India in...
IN THIS ISSUE
Bangladesh: New Rules for E-Commerce Marketplaces. Need to Register, Deliver within 5 or 10 days
[From our Bangladesh Office]
The Ministry of Commerce (MOC) has issued a list of standards and rules applicable to e-commerce operators, the Digital Commerce Operational Guidelines 2021 (“the...
Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian taxpayers waving a red flag to the GDT? Part Two
[From our Cambodia Office]
Part One of our articles focusing on intra-group services in Cambodia highlighted the importance of Cambodian taxpayers being able to fundamentally prove that intragroup...
Duty-Free Business and What Tax Involves?
[From our Vietnam Office]
Overview Vietnam’s duty-free retail is emerging as a new attractive investment channel for both local and foreign investors. With the issuance of new regulations...
Announcement to File Quarterly and Annual Returns via E-filing Management System
[From our Taxation Team - Myanmar Office]
The Internal Revenue Department (“IRD”) has launched an e-filing management system aimed at increasing the convenience of quarterly and annual return filings. As taxpayers...
New Amendments to the Foreign Exchange Management Law
[From our Banking and Finance Team - Myanmar Office]
The State Administration Council passed Law No. 57/2021 on 6 October 2021 (“Law”) amending certain sections of the Foreign Exchange Management Law 2012 (“FEML”)....
How to Get a Tax Refund From Internal Revenue Department?
[From our Taxation Team - Myanmar Office]
Tax refunds for Commercial Tax (“CT”), Corporate Income Tax (“CIT”), and Specific Goods Tax (“SGT”) can arise if the total tax paid during the...
Stay Permits, Work Permits, and Entry Visas Can Now Be Applied for Online
[From our Regulatory Team - Myanmar Office]
On 30 September 2021, the Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (“DICA”) announced that companies holding an MIC permit or MIC endorsement can now...
Lao PDR’s New E-commerce Decree – What to Look Out for?
[From our Laos Office]
As online sales of goods and services continue to grow in the Lao PDR, accelerated by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has...
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
Transfer Pricing Disputes in Cambodia – Are You Doing Enough to Defend Your Company? (Live Webinar)
4 November 2021, Online Webinar Event
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Acquisition in the energy sphere: The VDB Loi Laos team assisted an Asian energy solutions provider on the sale of a stake in the Lao subsidiary of a regional renewable energy player.
Project structuring advisory in Myanmar: The Energy team is assisting a major Asian player in the structuring of their gas importation and distribution project in Myanmar.
Public-private partnerships: VDB Loi Cambodia is advising an international financial institution on a public-private partnership policy framework in Cambodia.
Compliance services for regional O&G player: The Tax team has been engaged by a major regional O&G operator to handle its payroll and tax compliance obligations in Myanmar.
Tax due diligence in Myanmar: VDB Loi is conducting a tax due diligence in Myanmar for the client of an international consulting group.
- Myanmar: Major Changes in the Union Tax Law 2023 (VDB Loi Insights)
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year