INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
The State Administration Council enacted Law No. 20/2021 on Amending the Union Tax Law 2020 (“Amended UTL 2020”) on 17 June 2021 to reduce the tax amnesty rates on...
IN THIS ISSUE
New Policies to Reduce the Economic Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
[From our Laos Office]
In order to reduce and relieve the economic impact from the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Lao PDR, the Prime Minister’s...
The Ministry of Commerce steps up fines for failing to file corporate changes and for unlicensed e-commerce activities
[From our Cambodia Office]
On 12 May 2021, the Ministry of Commerce (“MOC”) and the Ministry of Economy and Finance (“MEF”) issued joint Prakas No. 316 on Monetary...
CBM Directive on Opening and Closing of NBFI branches and relocation of head-office
[From our Banking and Finance Team - Myanmar Office]
The Central Bank of Myanmar (“CBM”) issued a directive on 15 June 2021 (“Directive”) to Non-banking Financial Institutions (“NBFIs”). The Directive sets out the...
Mandatory Online Tax Payments in Myanmar
[From our Taxation Team - Myanmar]
The Internal Revenue Department (“IRD”) has been implementing an online tax payment system since 2018; all taxpayers can process online tax payments using a...
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Contracts Advisory: Our legal team in Cambodia is advising a shipping and logistics company on its exit options from a lease agreement because of pandemic-related emergency use of part of the premises.
Employee Incentive Program: We are advising a subsidiary of a leading international transportation company on the implementation of a global incentive program for its employees.
Due Diligence: We are conducting a due diligence in Myanmar for a sporting goods company with international branding.
Public-Private Partnerships: VDB Loi is assisting an Asian development think tank on the development of an institutional framework and procedures for PPPs in Myanmar.
Customs and Regulatory: The Regulatory team advised a leading, European-based international tax advisory firm on the import and trading regulations in Myanmar for vehicles and spare parts.
- New National Power Development Plan in Vietnam (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar: Major Changes in the Union Tax Law 2023 (VDB Loi Insights)
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year