INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia
Regional power trades are on the rise in South East Asia. Historically, Laos is a major exporter of mostly hydropower in the region, reaching nearly 2 billion US$ in...
IN THIS ISSUE
The long-anticipated Trademark Law becomes effective on 1 April 2023
[From our Myanmar Office]
On 1 April 2023, the Trademark Law will come into effect according to the State Administration Council’s Notification No. 82/2023 dated 10 March 2023....
Vietnam – Developments in Competition Law and Their Impact on M&A
[From our Vietnam Office]
On 10 February 2023 the Government of Vietnam issued Decree no. 03/2023/ND-CP (the “2023 VCC Decree”) regulating the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure...
SRO No. 53/Law/2023 dated 5 March 2023 issued by the Ministry of Environment and Forests on “Environmental Conservation Rules 2023”
[From our Bangladesh Office]
To reduce environmental pollution, the Bangladesh government has issued the Environmental Conservation Rules 2023 and repealed the prior ones that were enacted in 1997,...
Circular No. 05 dated 16 March 2023 issued by the Banking Regulation and Policy Department of the Bangladesh Bank on “Guidelines on Cloud Computing”
[From our Bangladesh Office]
Aiming to mitigate cyber risks and maintain the overall stability of the financial sector, the Bangladesh Bank has issued guidelines on cloud computing, which...
Notification No. 5735 GDT dated 16 February 2023 issued by the General Department of Taxation on “Annual Tax on Income Filing for 2022”
[From our Cambodia Office]
The General Department of Taxation (“GDT”) issued a notification to notify taxpayers under the self-declaration regime of their obligation to file the 2022 annual...
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
Customs and Tax Compliance for Import and Distribution
19 May 2023, Phnom Penh
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Foreign contractor expertise in the Lao PDR: The Lao team is trusted by numerous multinational companies to advise on setting up as a foreign contractor in the Lao PDR.
Market entry in Bangladesh: VDB Loi Bangladesh is advising a multinational producer of industrial products with its market entry into Bangladesh.
Long-time clients choose VDB Loi Cambodia for their tax needs: The tax team is assisting a number of its long-time local and international clients with their annual tax compliance.
Renewable energy in Myanmar: VDB Loi Myanmar is providing an Asia-based energy developer with incorporation, licensing, tax planning and structuring, and legal advisory services for its renewable energy projects in Myanmar.
Cross-border loan transaction in Vietnam: The Vietnam team has been engaged to provide full-scale transactional support on a large-sized cross-border loan transaction for a major, Asia-based bank.
- Myanmar: Major Changes in the Union Tax Law 2023 (VDB Loi Insights)
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year