Home » Myanmar Publications » 10 Frequently Asked Questions about the Myanmar Industrial Design Rights Law 2019
10 Frequently Asked Questions about the Myanmar Industrial Design Rights Law 2019May 30, 2019
As we mentioned in our previous article on the Myanmar Trademark Law 2019 [10 Frequently Asked Questions About the Myanmar Trademark Law 2019], the Myanmar Industrial Design Rights Law 2019 (the “Industrial Design Law”) was passed at the same time.
Highlights of this note
- What kind of industrial design is registrable?
- Can I sell the design first before I apply for registration?
- Can I claim priority rights?
- How long can a registered industrial design be protected?
- Who owns the industrial design, the employee or the employer?
- What rights does the owner have?
- If I identify a pending industrial design application infringing upon my rights, what can I do?
- If I identify a registered industrial design infringing upon my rights, what can I do?
- How can I stop someone with no legitimate grounds from infringing upon my registered design rights?
- Is there any way that I can lawfully use someone else’s registered industrial design?
- Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
- February 28, 2023
- Importers/Exporters can request approval to buy USD through the Ministry of Commerce
- April 20, 2022
- Trade Department Adds to the List of Goods Requiring an Import /Export License
- March 30, 2022
- Amended Union Tax Law 2021 increases the commercial tax rate on internet services and expands the income range of undisclosed source of income
- February 14, 2022
- The Amended Electronic Transaction Law Focuses on Use of Personal Data, Fake News, and Cyberattacks
- February 25, 2021