10 Frequently Asked Questions about the Myanmar Industrial Design Rights Law 2019May 30, 2019
As we mentioned in our previous article on the Myanmar Trademark Law 2019 [10 Frequently Asked Questions About the Myanmar Trademark Law 2019], the Myanmar Industrial Design Rights Law 2019 (the “Industrial Design Law”) was passed at the same time.
Highlights of this note
- What kind of industrial design is registrable?
- Can I sell the design first before I apply for registration?
- Can I claim priority rights?
- How long can a registered industrial design be protected?
- Who owns the industrial design, the employee or the employer?
- What rights does the owner have?
- If I identify a pending industrial design application infringing upon my rights, what can I do?
- If I identify a registered industrial design infringing upon my rights, what can I do?
- How can I stop someone with no legitimate grounds from infringing upon my registered design rights?
- Is there any way that I can lawfully use someone else’s registered industrial design?