INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
Investors in Vietnam can choose different routes to implement their projects. The major pathways are envisaged by the PPP Law and the Investment Law. Highlights What are the major...
IN THIS ISSUE
Lao Labor Ministry Issues Guidelines to Implement the Minimum Wage Increment
[From our Laos Team]
BRPD circular letter no-25, on L/C Margin on Import Financing, dated 04 July 2022
[From our Bangladesh Team]
Department of Foreign Exchange of Bangladesh Bank circular No- 13, on “Remittances on account of visa processing fees by resident agents through International Card” Dated 13 July 2022
[From our Bangladesh Team]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
First of its kind transmission line project in the Lao PDR: The Lao team is advising a regional power company on a cross-border transmission line from the Lao PDR to Singapore, through Thailand and Malaysia.
Establishment of a new bank in Cambodia: VDB Loi was engaged as main counsel on the successful establishment of a new bank in Cambodia, the first in many years to receive approval.
Legal services in Vietnam: VDB Loi Vietnam was engaged by an international professional services firm to issue a legal opinion on its manufacturing client’s two subsidiaries in Vietnam.
M&A services in Myanmar: The Myanmar team is conducting a comprehensive legal and tax due diligence for a leading Singapore-based investment holding company for the potential acquisition of an e-commerce business in Myanmar.
Tax ruling on withholding tax exemption in Cambodia: VDB Loi’s Tax team obtained a favorable written ruling from the tax authority on a withholding tax exemption on interest income for pawn and pledge businesses.
VDB LOI NEWS
VDB Loi Cambodia Shortlisted for the ITR Asia-pacific Tax Awards 2022
Following up last year’s win at the ITR Asia-Pacific Tax Awards as the Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year, the VDB Loi team has been shortlisted again this year...
Mariza Ung, Partner, Vdb Loi Cambodia – Shortlisted for Women in Business Law Awards 2022
Women In Business Law Awards Asia-Pacific 2022 honors women at the forefront of legal work in business law as well as firms that lead the way in the region...
- Prime Minister Lines Up Wide Range of Tax Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Our Yangon Office: New Address (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Awarded Best for Tax Cambodia, Law in Laos (VDB Loi Insights)
- Cambodian Government Increases Subsidies for Pregnant Women and Young Children (VDB Loi Insights)
- Vietnam New Regulation from State Bank of Vietnam on Foreign Loans (VDB Loi Insights)
- Automated System to Apply for E-Commerce Licenses/Permits Available (VDB Loi Insights)
- New National Power Development Plan in Vietnam (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar: Major Changes in the Union Tax Law 2023 (VDB Loi Insights)
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights