INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
Myanmar is undertaking a first-ever massive tender for 30 ground-mounted solar projects totalling 1,060 MW capacity spread out over nearly half of the country’s states and regions. The effort...
IN THIS ISSUE
VDB Loi Connects Bidders with Available Land for Solar Tender in Myanmar
[From our Energy and Infrastructure Team]
Government of Laos Tax Relief for Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
[From our Laos Office]
Cambodia Tightens Conditions for International Arrivals
[From our Cambodia Office]
Myanmar Companies Are Now Allowed to Import Foreign Alcohol Legally Into Myanmar
[From our Regulatory Team]
Additional Tax Relief in the Fourth Round of Stimulus Measures to Respond to the Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
[From our Cambodia Office]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Tax ruling: The Tax team is working to obtain a favorable tax ruling for a major regional power company on the applicability of Specific Goods Tax on the liquefied natural gas that will be used to produce power.
Wind power project: The Energy team is assisting a sponsor with the acquisition of land for a wind power project in northern Myanmar.
Companies rely on VDB Loi for regulatory services: A foreign-owned power infrastructure provider has turned to VDB Loi’s Regulatory team for assistance with processing its corporate changes with the Myanmar authorities.
Structuring of a real estate transaction: VDB Loi is assisting a major Korean real estate developer with structuring a loan and leasing transaction with lessees in Myanmar.
Expertise with power project bids: A sponsor has engaged VDB Loi to assist with the preparation of their bid for a solar power project.
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year