Notification No. 5735 GDT dated 16 February 2023 issued by the General Department of Taxation on “Annual Tax on Income Filing for 2022”February 27, 2023
The General Department of Taxation (“GDT”) issued a notification to notify taxpayers under the self-declaration regime of their obligation to file the 2022 annual tax on income return and to pay tax as follows:
- Enterprises should file their annual tax on income returns using the online TOI E-filing system by 31 March 2023.
- Enterprises that have received approval to use a different tax-year end from the calendar year should file their tax returns and pay an annual tax on income within three months after the end of the tax year.
- Enterprises that have branches must file their annual tax on income returns using their consolidated financial statements of the principal establishment and all branches. The enterprise should attach lists of their revenue and expense accounts and fixed assets for each branch to the “local branch section” in the TOI E-filing system.
- For employees or tax agents who are responsible for filing annual and monthly tax returns on behalf of taxpayers, must upload their employee cards or their power of attorney from the taxpayers to the system if they are tax agents.
- All enterprises who are obligated to file their annual tax on income returns and payment must upload their balance sheets, profit and loss accounts (income statements), and any additional information to the system (if any).