Bangladesh: New Rules for E-Commerce Marketplaces. Need to Register, Deliver within 5 or 10 daysOctober 20, 2021
The Ministry of Commerce (MOC) has issued a list of standards and rules applicable to e-commerce operators, the Digital Commerce Operational Guidelines 2021 (“the Guidelines”).
Highlights of this note
- Are these Guidelines legally binding?
- To whom do the Guidelines apply? To the sellers only or also to the online platforms that facilitate third party sellers?
- Delivery should be within 5 to 10 days
- Various consumer rights in e-commerce
- Prohibitions and requirements
- Registration of all marketplaces
- Records and processing payments by online marketplaces
- What are the sanctions for not complying?
- Some recommendations