INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Project Bank (finally) published
After decades of highly controversial land acquisitions for public purposes, Myanmar turns a new page by passing the Land Acquisition, Resettlement, and Rehabilitation Law 2019 (Law no. 24/2019, referred...
IN THIS ISSUE
Myanmar’s New Law and Process for Compulsory Land Acquisition: What PPP Project Developers Need to Know
[From our Corporate Commercial & M&A Team]
VDB Loi Laos Alert – Hot off the presses: The New Income Tax Law
[From our Laos Office]
MIC Permit or Endorsement May Be Revoked if the Investor Misses MIC Quarterly Report Deadline
[From our Regulatory Team]
The DICA Clarifies Corporate Approval of Director and Related Party Transactions
[From our Corporate Commercial & M&A Team]
Banks Ordered to Improve Customer Due Diligence
[From our Banking and Finance Team]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Energy giant market entry: The Energy team is advising a major international energy corporation with the structuring of its potential entry into the Myanmar mid– and downstream markets.
Licensing and regulatory: We are assisting a Vietnamese conglomerate with obtaining all required licenses to distribute its products in Myanmar.
Ruling under the new tax administration law: The taxation team is seeking a tax ruling for a global beverage multinational, testing the procedures under the new tax administration law.
Multifaceted restructuring: A major vehicle distributor of globally-known brands has engaged VDB Loi’s Corporate team to assist on all aspects of a multi-company restructuring of its operations in Myanmar.
Strong tax expertise: The Tax team has been engaged for compliance services by multinational and local clients across a range of industries, including pharmaceuticals, international NGOs, building materials, and beverage manufacturers, because of our strong knowledge and understanding of Myanmar tax laws and practice.
VDB LOI NEWS
VDB Loi hosted the “Myanmar Cambodia Laos Energy and Infrastructure Update” Seminar in Tokyo
In partnership with Japan Institute for Overseas Investment (JOI) and Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC), VDB Loi hosted the “Myanmar Cambodia Laos Energy and Infrastructure Update” Seminar in...
Join our MMA Training Session with Myanmar MMA Champion Phoe “Bushido” Thaw
VDB Loi is bringing you an MMA training session with Myanmar’s Champion, Phoe “Bushido” Thaw. If you ever wanted to have a taste of MMA, join us for this exclusive...
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year