INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Myanmar Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
Although the number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus (“COVID-19”) in Myanmar is still one of the lowest in the region, companies have already observed quite a stir in...
IN THIS ISSUE
COVID-19: The Lao PDR Government Announces New Economic Policy Measures
[From our Laos Office]
COVID-19 Suspensions: Drastic Times Call for Drastic Measures
[From our Laos Office]
Client Alert: Loan restructuring during the COVID-19 crisis
[From our Cambodia Office]
Tax alert: Additional tax relief measures for airline and tourism sectors to address COVID-19 crisis
[From our Cambodia Office]
Infrastructure sector at the forefront of the government’s Economic Relief Plan
[From our Energy and Infrastructure Team]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Legal and regulatory advice for an MFI: VDB Loi has been advising on the legal and regulatory framework around restructuring a microfinance institution as a commercial bank.
Water supply project: The Energy and Infrastructure team is advising a regional sponsor on all permitting and documentation review for the development of an urban water distribution project in Southern Myanmar.
Financing of an MFI: Our Banking and Finance team has been assisting a European impact investor on its lending to a microfinance institution in Myanmar.
Registration work for MNCs: Our team has been engaged by a number of multinationals for their tax registration and compliance work.
Leading firms choose VDB Loi’s tax expertise: The Tax team is providing tax advice to a leading international accounting firm.
VDB LOI NEWS
VDB Loi helps clients and partners understand what the Labor Law states during the COVID 19 Pandemic
VDB Loi hosted a webinar titled “Myanmar Labor Law and the Coronavirus Pandemic”. The webinar was hosted on 3rd April 2020, 1:30 p.m. (Myanmar Time). We had a record...
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year