INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Can you sue a dissolved company?
When a company has dissolved, it essentially means that the company has ceased to exist, and thus cannot sue or be sued. The question then becomes, how can a...
IN THIS ISSUE
The Enforcement of Monthly Personal Income Tax Return Filing and Payment
[From our Taxation]
When does an overseas corporation have to register a commercial presence in Myanmar?
[From our Corporate Commercial & M&A]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
DTA tax relief applications: VDB Loi has been assisting a number of our clients, including one of the largest packaging companies in ASEAN and a regional logistics company, with obtaining DTA tax relief.
Distribution of energy drinks: The Regulatory team has been engaged by a regional health and nutrition company to obtain the FDA approvals and licenses necessary to import and distribute its energy drink products, a growing segment of the beverage market in Myanmar.
Tax advisory on market entry: A major Korean oil and gas company has engaged VDB Loi’s tax team to advise on the tax structuring for its market entry.
Rooftop solar agreement: The Energy team is advising a developer on the drafting and negotiation of a template rooftop solar offtake agreement.
Microfinance acquisition: We are assisting a major Singaporean bank on its acquisition of a stake in a microfinance institution in Myanmar.
VDB LOI NEWS
Edwin speaks at the Myanmar Panel on this year’s Project Finance International Conference
Edwin Vanderbruggen, Senior Partner of VDB Loi joins the Myanmar Panel on this year’s Project Finance International Conference. The 24th PFI Financing Energy Projects in Asia Conference took place...
How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investments in Electricity and Infrastructure
Myanmar Business Today Journal published Edwin’s Oped “How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investments in Electricity and Infrastructure” Go to the following link to read the Oped....
- Prime Minister Lines Up Wide Range of Tax Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Our Yangon Office: New Address (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Awarded Best for Tax Cambodia, Law in Laos (VDB Loi Insights)
- Cambodian Government Increases Subsidies for Pregnant Women and Young Children (VDB Loi Insights)
- Vietnam New Regulation from State Bank of Vietnam on Foreign Loans (VDB Loi Insights)
- Automated System to Apply for E-Commerce Licenses/Permits Available (VDB Loi Insights)
- New National Power Development Plan in Vietnam (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar: Major Changes in the Union Tax Law 2023 (VDB Loi Insights)
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights