INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
We are very proud to hear that our firm’s strong position in the Myanmarpower sector was once again underscored by the financial reports of the Myanmar Investment Commission (“MIC“)....
IN THIS ISSUE
Myanmar Trademark Alert: Register Your Trademark as Soon as Possible
[From our Telecoms, Media and Technology]
How Are Power Projects Taxed in Cambodia?
[From our Cambodia Office]
Central Bank of Myanmar updates and clarifies criteria for offshore loans
[From our Corporate Commercial and M&A Team]
Laos announced conditions for tax certificates
[From our Laos Office]
Yangon Elevated Expressway Project
[From our Energy and Infrastructure Team]
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
31 January 2020, Online Webinar Event
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Quickest turnaround time for regulatory approvals for a power project: Our Regulatory team understands that time is of the essence in major investment projects. They obtained several MIC permits in a record three weeks period.
Microfinance institution financing in high gear: Our Banking and Finance team has been assisting a financial institution on its provision of a loan, through the EU Agriculture Financing Initiative (AgriFI), of up to US$3 million (local currency equivalent) to a microfinance institution in Myanmar.
The team has also been assisting a European impact investor on its lending to a microfinance institution in Myanmar.
Fuel terminal acquisition: VDB Loi is advising a foreign inventor on the potential acquisition of a fuel terminal in Yangon region.
Beverages company acquisition: An asian beverages player has engaged our Corporate M&A team to assist with a proposed deal. We provided transactional assistance regulatory and MIC services.
Commercial rooftop solar project: The Energy & Infrastructure team is drafting a power purchase agreement in relation to a commercial rooftop solar project in Yangon for a major Myanmar player.
VDB LOI NEWS
VDB Loi Shortlisted for Prestigious Award and Climbs in Legal 500 Rankings
With the 2020 legal rankings and awards season kicking off, VDB Loi is off to a promising start, with excellent rankings for its Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar practices. In...
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year