Second chance to re-register your company before being struck off the registryMarch 22, 2019
According to the recent Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (“DICA”) announcement issued on 8th March 2019, companies who missed the 31 January deadline now have until March 30 to re-register.
However, any companies who fail to re-register by this new deadline will be struck off from the registry, and will not be able to carry on business in Myanmar.
As per the Myanmar Companies Regulations 2018, “carrying on business” means any form of administration, management or otherwise dealing with property situated in Myanmar as an agent or legal representative. This includes exercising shareholders rights in other companies in Myanmar, including voting on shareholders meetings.
Registrations will need to be made in person.
- Withholding Tax and Personal Income Tax Payment Be Made in Foreign Currency for Non-resident Taxpayers
- May 11, 2023
- Major Changes in the Union Tax Law 2023
- April 25, 2023
- New Requirements for the First Annual Return of a Newly-incorporated Company
- April 7, 2023
- The long-anticipated Trademark Law becomes effective on 1 April 2023
- March 17, 2023
- Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
- February 28, 2023