Who pays self-quarantined employees? Cambodian Labor Law facing the COVID-19 pandemicMarch 26, 2020
Sickness is a paid leave permitted by the Labor Law (Article 169). Therefore, during sickness, employer needs to pay the salary of his employee.
Highlights of this note
- If an employee falls sick, who pay the salary?
- What if an employee wants to stay home to take care of children or school closed or child is sick?
- What if public transport closed and employee cannot get to work?
- Is an employee entitled to work from home?
- If an employee self-quarantines, does this count as annual leave, normal working day or leave of absence?
- Can an employer oblige an employee to self-quarantine? Can employer terminate the employee for refusing?
- If an employer is informed one employee tests positive, or has a test pending, what must or may the employer tell the other employees?