Cambodia Legal Update: Clarification of Seniority Payments for 2019 OnwardsJanuary 8, 2019
Further to the amendment in 2018 of the Labor Law and Prakas 443 on seniority payment, which is applicable to all existing unlimited duration contracts (for more details, please see our Cambodia legal update here), the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (“MLVT”), through its information declaration on seniority payments dated 28 December 2018, has provided the following clarifications:
- The seniority payments to be made starting from 2019 onwards will be paid twice a year (the first payment must be made in June and the second payment in December every year). The payment must be implemented starting from June 2019 onwards.
- For the retroactive seniority payment that is due for previous years, the MLVT is in discussion with the private sector to determine a specific schedule for the payment. Thus, there is no clear timeline at present for this payment. Once we have clear information from the MLVT, we will update you further.
If you have any questions about this alert, please contact me ([email protected]) or Mr. Leung Seng ([email protected]).
VDB Loi is a network of leading law and tax advisory firms with offices in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. We provide the highest quality solutions for transactions and taxation. Our general areas of practice are corporate, finance, licensing and disputes. Our principal specialized areas of practice are energy, infrastructure, real estate and construction, telecom, and taxation.
You can find more information on our Cambodia office here.
- Do Cambodia Transfer Pricing Regulations Provide That Third Party Companies in a Benchmarking Study May Not Have +20% Shareholders?
- May 19, 2023
- Streamlined Process for Business Mergers Introduced in Cambodia’s New Sub-decree
- May 3, 2023
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia
- March 30, 2023
- Regulatory Update on the Implementation of the Competition Law
- March 2, 2023
- New Rules Guiding Real Estate Service Businesses Issued
- February 2, 2023