MONREC issues first ever Environmental Compliance CertificateJanuary 31, 2018
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation (MONREC) has just issued what we were told is their first ever Environmental Compliance Certificate (ECC). The ECC is in a letter format and confirms that the applicant’s Environmental and Social Impact Assessment is in compliance with the requirements of the Law on Environmental Conservation (LEC). It is issued by the Minister’s Office of MONREC.
Even though the LEC and its implementing regulations require an ECC before commencing business activity, in practice no ECC’s were yet issued. This caused various difficulties for investors, who had trouble evidencing they were in order with Myanmar’s environmental laws and regulations.
The ECC, which was issued on a power project advised on by VDB Loi, states a number of ongoing conditions the investors need to respect, as well as certain reporting requirements.
- The long-anticipated Trademark Law becomes effective on 1 April 2023
- March 17, 2023
- Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
- February 28, 2023
- Newly Enacted Law on Registration of Association
- November 10, 2022
- All Border Trade Transactions Will Be Allowed Only via Banking System Starting From 1st November 2022
- November 4, 2022
- DICA Tightens the Requirements of Seeking DICA’s Recommendation for the Extension of Foreigners’ Stay Permits, Work Permits and Entry Visas
- September 30, 2022