Cambodia Legal Update: Labor Law – Deadline to Apply for Renewal of Foreign Employees’ Work Permits Extended AgainApril 27, 2018
Further to its Notice No. 012/18 dated 29 March 2018, the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (“MLVT”) issued Notice No. 016/18 dated 25 April 2018 (“Notice 016”) to further extend the deadline to apply for renewal of foreign employees’ work permits.
According to Notice 016, the previous deadline of 30 April 2018 is extended to 31 May 2018. This is the second extension permitted by the MLVT to give employers more time to renew their foreign employees’ work permits. To avoid penalty, work permit renewal applications for all foreign employees must be submitted through the Foreign Worker Centralized Management System of the MLVT (www.fwcms.mlvt.gov.kh) before this date.
If you have any questions, or would like us to assist with this process, please contact me ([email protected]) or Mr. Alex Larkin ([email protected]).
VDB Loi is a network of leading law and tax advisory firms with offices in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. We provide the highest quality solutions for transactions and taxation. Our general areas of practice are corporate, finance, licensing and disputes. Our principal specialized areas of practice are energy, infrastructure, real estate and construction, telecom, and taxation.
You can find more information on our Cambodia office here.
- Regulatory Update on the Implementation of the Competition Law
- March 2, 2023
- New Rules Guiding Real Estate Service Businesses Issued
- February 2, 2023
- Trusts in Cambodia: The Legal Regime of Investment in Land Foreign Investment in Land Prior to the Trust Law
- September 1, 2022
- Implementing Green Finance in Southeast Asia: International Practice, Local Legal Framework and Institutions
- May 16, 2022
- Domain Name Changes Required for All Cambodian-Registered Companies
- May 11, 2022