Home » Myanmar Publications » Temporary Relaxation of Licensing Requirements for the Importation of Liquid Oxygen, Medicine, and Medical Equipment Necessary for COVID-19 Treatment and Prevention
Temporary Relaxation of Licensing Requirements for the Importation of Liquid Oxygen, Medicine, and Medical Equipment Necessary for COVID-19 Treatment and PreventionJuly 30, 2021
Due to the rapid spread of COVID-19 throughout the third wave of infection in Myanmar as well as a shortage of medicine and medical supplies in the market, the Ministry of Commerce has issued Notification 12/2021, dated 12 July 2021, granting a three-month temporary exemption for obtaining import licenses when importing liquid oxygen as well as medical equipment and Covid-related drugs (where applicable).
The exemption is in effect from 12 July 2021 to 11 October 2021. This temporary relaxation is aimed at speeding up the importation of essential items, particularly medicine and oxygen, of which there is currently a shortage in the market.
- The long-anticipated Trademark Law becomes effective on 1 April 2023
- March 17, 2023
- Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
- February 28, 2023
- Newly Enacted Law on Registration of Association
- November 10, 2022
- All Border Trade Transactions Will Be Allowed Only via Banking System Starting From 1st November 2022
- November 4, 2022
- DICA Tightens the Requirements of Seeking DICA’s Recommendation for the Extension of Foreigners’ Stay Permits, Work Permits and Entry Visas
- September 30, 2022