Home » Myanmar Publications » Myanmar Dramatically Cuts List of 92 Activities Requiring a Local Partner Down to 22
Myanmar Dramatically Cuts List of 92 Activities Requiring a Local Partner Down to 22April 24, 2017
In a move to expand the potential opportunities for foreign investors, the list of activities a foreign investor is allowed to carry out in Myanmar only under a joint venture (“JV”) with a Myanmar citizen or company, has been cut significantly.
Highlights of this note
- Big Winners are Retail, Petroleum Products, Real Estate, Media and Healthcare
- Myanmar Opens Up for Big Retail. Again.
- Real Estate: No More JV for Commercial or Office Developments
- No More JV with MOEE for Petroleum Product Businesses
- Pharma and Healthcare: No More JV Needed for Clinics
- Foreign Investment in Print and Broadcasting Media without JV
- Manufacturing: Packaging and Pharma No More JV, But Cosmetics and Soaps Now Needs JV
- Agriculture: Cap of 49% on Foreigners for Certain Activity Removed
- New Use of Industrial Sector Classifications: How to Interpret?
- The long-anticipated Trademark Law becomes effective on 1 April 2023
- March 17, 2023
- Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
- February 28, 2023
- Newly Enacted Law on Registration of Association
- November 10, 2022
- All Border Trade Transactions Will Be Allowed Only via Banking System Starting From 1st November 2022
- November 4, 2022
- DICA Tightens the Requirements of Seeking DICA’s Recommendation for the Extension of Foreigners’ Stay Permits, Work Permits and Entry Visas
- September 30, 2022