At the National Assembly this Month: Upcoming Laws on Waterways and Farmland, Amendments to Telecom LawAugust 30, 2017
August was a busy month at the National Assembly with most attention going to amendment of the Telecom Law. Central to the amendment are the harsh sanctions on defamation and misinformation using telecommunication means, presently a non-bailable offence. Legislators in both chambers are seeking to recalibrate the provision.
Waterways were also discussed through the draft Law on Dams and a Law on Canals. Regulating structures and water flows in connection with irrigation has an important impact on farming.
The Farmland Law, a key piece of modern legislation on land use, is also up for amendment. A related law on Forestry is also being discussed for amendment.
Other drafts laws or law amendments include the Lottery Law, Commercial Tax Law and a Law on Tax Arbitration.
- The long-anticipated Trademark Law becomes effective on 1 April 2023
- March 17, 2023
- Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
- February 28, 2023
- Newly Enacted Law on Registration of Association
- November 10, 2022
- All Border Trade Transactions Will Be Allowed Only via Banking System Starting From 1st November 2022
- November 4, 2022
- DICA Tightens the Requirements of Seeking DICA’s Recommendation for the Extension of Foreigners’ Stay Permits, Work Permits and Entry Visas
- September 30, 2022