What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender?January 4, 2021
On 1 December 2020, Cambodia’s public utility the Electricité du Cambodge (“EDC”) launched a tender for the second phase of its National Solar Park project. The first phase, 60MW, had been won by Prime Road Alternative of Thailand after a competitive tender in 2019.
Highlights of this note
- Prime Road is the one to watch, but anything can happen
- The pre-qualification conditions are not so difficult, and there are no local content or ownership requirements
- The Cambodian PPA is bankable, and is attractive in the region
- Comparison between Myanmar and Cambodia Solar PPAs
- The land acquisition is not going to be a problem
- How to manage the VAT in your bid?
- Construction deadlines in the COVID era
- My prediction