Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?April 20, 2021
On the night of 14 April, the Cambodian Government ordered a number of restrictions in response to the recent rise in COVID-19 infections by means of Decision nr. 49 SR dated 14 April 2021 (“Decision 49“). The regulation was follow up by an amendment providing some additional details by Decision nr. 50 dated 17 April 2021 (“Decision 50“). People in Phnom Penh and an adjoining city, Takhmao, are subject to a general stay-at-home order for nearly two weeks – from 15 April to 28 April 2021. In general, people may only move about for a limited number of reasons, including grocery shopping, receiving medical attention, and permitted employment (see below). Leaving one’s residence for individual sports was also permitted under Decision nr. 49, but that has quickly been revoked since in Decision nr. 50. The nightly curfew forbids being outside the home from 20.00 until 05.00 that was put in place earlier, remains in force.
- Which businesses must close?
- Will any government departments remain open for urgent matters?
- What happens with employee salaries if one cannot work from home?
- Do Cambodia Transfer Pricing Regulations Provide That Third Party Companies in a Benchmarking Study May Not Have +20% Shareholders?
- May 19, 2023
- Streamlined Process for Business Mergers Introduced in Cambodia’s New Sub-decree
- May 3, 2023
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia
- March 30, 2023
- Regulatory Update on the Implementation of the Competition Law
- March 2, 2023
- New Rules Guiding Real Estate Service Businesses Issued
- February 2, 2023