Home » Bangladesh Publication » SRO No. 257-Law/2022, on the “Electricity Rules 2022”, dated 4 August 2022
SRO No. 257-Law/2022, on the “Electricity Rules 2022”, dated 4 August 2022October 31, 2022
The government introduced a new rule based on the Electricity Act of 2018, named Electricity Rules 2022. In this new rule, among many things, the government clarified the issue regarding the formation of the electricity licensing board, the duty of the board, the procedure for issuing licenses for electricians and supervisors, the examination procedure, and the licensing of the electrical contractor, etc.
According to the rule, the electricity licensing board consists of 12 members who will be responsible for taking exams and issuing licenses for contractors, supervisors, and electricians, and also that board will hold the power to cancellation of such licenses.
- Circular No. 06 dated 2 March 2023 issued by the Banking Regulation and Policy Department of the Bangladesh Bank on “Exemption from the General Credit Limit under Section 26B(1) of the Bank Company Act 1991 for Electricity Producing Companies”
- March 31, 2023
- Bill No. 06 dated 22 January 2023 issued by Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission (“BERC”) on “Amendment of the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission Act 2003”
- January 25, 2023
- Parliament re-enacted the law named Bangladesh Oil, Gas and Mineral Corporation Ordinance, 1985 to Bangladesh Oil, Gas and Mineral Corporation Act 2022, dated 20 November 2022.
- November 23, 2022
- Parliamentary Amendment on Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission 2017, dated 20 November 2022.
- November 21, 2022
- SRO No. 255-Law/2022, on “The Air Pollution Rules 2022”, dated 25 July 2022
- October 31, 2022