Land Acquisition and the Unbearable Delay of Solar ProjectsJune 27, 2022
Bangladesh should presently be a super attractive destination for international investment in solar energy. Even though it does not lag as much behind in terms of electricity production as it used to earlier, nearly all of the present generation is fossil fuel based.
Highlights of this note
- How did we get here?
- Yes, buying land is hard. But that’s not it.
- Commercial intermediation in land acquisition
- A closer look at the sponsors and the results
- Conclusions: what or who is to blame?
- Where do we go from here?