New Rules for Government TendersDecember 26, 2017
Myanmar has precious little regulation governing Government tenders, but what it does have, has just been revamped and enlarged. Presidential Notification 1/2017 dated 10 April 2017 (the Notification) has reset and strengthened rules on certain types of Government procurement.
Highlights of this note
- To which tenders does the Notification apply?
- Is a tender obligatory in all cases?
- Who can authorize a tender?
- Funding and currency issues
- How are tenders to be publicised?
- Who is on the Tender Committee?
- How to decide who wins?