Myanmar Arbitration UpdateSeptember 30, 2019
Highlights of this note
- Arbitration in Myanmar – recent developments
- Are parties free to choose for foreign arbitration under Myanmar law?
- How to invoke an arbitration clause in Myanmar and apply for a stay of court proceedings under the Myanmar Arbitration Law
- Does the subject matter of the dispute fall within the scope of the arbitration agreement?
- What constitutes an arbitration agreement?
- Typical flow of court cases involving arbitration
- Injunctions and interim measures under the Arbitration Law 2016
- Recognition and enforcement of a foreign arbitral award
- When can a Myanmar court refuse enforcement of a foreign arbitral award?
- Recognition and enforcement of a foreign judgment
- Recognition and enforcement – Interim order of a foreign arbitral award