New Licensing Requirements for Mining Service ActivitiesMay 23, 2022
On 6 April 2022, the Ministry of Energy and Mines issued Decision No. 674/MOEM on new licensing requirements for mining service activities in the Lao PDR.
Here is a brief summary:
Definition of mining service activities
Mining service activities are services relating to mineral exploration, surveying, map drafting, geophysical surveying, drilling, exploitation, transportation, analysis, mining consultancy, and other mining-related service activities.
Mining service activity categories
Mining service activities are divided into six categories:
- Mineral exploration and surveying
- Mineral drilling
- Mineral exploitation
- Geologic technical and consultancy services
- Mining technical and consultancy services
- Mineral analysis
Criteria for new applicants
The Decision provides certain criteria for applicants, such as their prior experience in the field, financial status, and staffing, among others.
Application and documentation
The Decision specifies what must be included in the application that follows the lines of most licensing applications, such as corporate documents and company and management details.
According to the Decision, if the application is approved, the license will be issued within 30 days of the date of submission of a complete and accurate application dossier.
The departments to manage and inspect mining service activities are:
- Mine Management Department
- Geology and Mineral Department
If you have any questions about this alert or need help with applying for a mining service license, please contact the undersigned or your usual VDB Loi adviser.
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia
- March 30, 2023
- Lao Labor Ministry Issues Guidelines to Implement the Minimum Wage Increment
- July 11, 2022
- Implementing Green Finance in Southeast Asia: International Practice, Local Legal Framework and Institutions
- May 16, 2022
- New Policies to Reduce the Economic Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- May 25, 2021
- Special Permit to Travel in and out of Vientiane Capital during the Lockdown Phase
- May 14, 2021
This is single-publication.php