The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law On Property Development in CambodiaNovember 27, 2019
In the wake of the tragic and fatal building collapse in Sihanoukville June this year, the new and hotly debated Construction Law has come into force on 2 November 2019 and is now set to become a real factor which will take into account in a wide range of investment projects in Cambodia.
- The new “Occupancy Permit” (“OP”)
- Requirements for construction contracts
- Strengthening of the permitting conditions
- Responsibilities and liability
- The new definition of “construction owners”
- The entry into force of this new Construction Law