Home » Myanmar Publications » How to Best Split a Myanmar Insurance Company in a Life and a Non-Life Corporate Entity?
How to Best Split a Myanmar Insurance Company in a Life and a Non-Life Corporate Entity?April 14, 2019
Most of the insurance companies which Myanmar has licensed since the liberalization of the sector to the local, private sector in 2013 are actually composite insurance companies.
Highlights of this note
- Life and Non-Life entities may not hold shares in each other
- Form one, not two new entities
- How to transfer the Life business to the NewCo?
- Or, an alternative structure without cash
- Not that fast
- How much taxes will we need to pay?
- What does it take to transfer the Life business?
- Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
- February 28, 2023
- All Border Trade Transactions Will Be Allowed Only via Banking System Starting From 1st November 2022
- November 4, 2022
- Myanmar: FATF’s Call for Action to Apply Enhanced Due Diligence Measures
- October 27, 2022
- Logistics Service Companies Are Now Allowed to Hold Specific Amounts of Foreign Currency
- June 27, 2022
- Domestic Payments to Be Made in Myanmar Kyat
- June 7, 2022