Five Fearless Ways to Shake Up The Myanmar Electricity MarketApril 3, 2017
VDB Loi has worked on nearly 4,000 Megawatts worth of Myanmar power projects, some now in operation, some awaiting financial close, but most remain in various stages of approval. We have also assisted the Ministry of Electricity and Energy with many of its transactions and privatizations. However, in the last 12-month period, since 1 April 2016, no new Memorandums of Agreement or new Power Purchase Agreements have been signed.
Highlights of this note
- Smart Ways to Raise the Tariff
- State to Pay for Default of EPGE or YESC
- Allow Private and Foreign-Owned Electricity Distribution
- MPT Model: Bring in Private Sector Money, Management Know How, and Technology
- Faster Framework for PPP Projects