All Employers Need To Re-Register With The Labor Authority In CambodiaMay 26, 2021
On 31 December 2020, the Cambodian Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (“MLVT”) announced the launch of its automated online portal for labor-related services (www.mlvt.gov.kh) through Prakas No. 430/20 on Putting in Place Public Services related to Labor and Vocational Training Sectors via an Automated System (“Prakas 430”) and its subsequent notification dated 5 January 2021.
The following services are provided through the MLVT’s online system:
- Public services related to employment at https://lacms.mlvt.gov.kh.
- Public services related to technical and vocational training at https://tvcms.mlvt.gov.kh.
- Public services related to foreigners at https://fwcms.mlvt.gov.kh.
The portal was expected to go live on 11 January 2021, delays caused a postponement, but it is now operational.
Although some labor-related services can currently still be accessed in person, the MLVT is moving toward providing all services via the online portal only. In order to use the online portal, Cambodian companies that were already registered with the MLVT before 1 May 2021 must re-register using the online portal. The MLVT’s regulations do not indicate a deadline as to when re-registration must be completed or whether there will be any monetary fine for non-compliance. Nonetheless, in order to avoid any challenges from the MLVT, existing companies should complete their re-registration via the online portal as soon as possible, before the next periodic labor inspection visit (which take place once or twice a year).
Please note that this is a new one-off obligation for companies that were already registered with the MLVT as employers. Companies registered with the MLVT from 1 May 2021 will automatically be registered for the online portal.
If you have any questions regarding this update, or would like us to assist with your company’s online re-registration, please contact the undersigned or your usual VDB Loi adviser.
Read also from our offices :
- Cambodia: Share Transfers in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam: Capital Gains Tax Perils, Registration Pitfalls, and Offshore Indirect Transfers
- Laos: Special Permit to Travel in and out of Vientiane Capital during the Lockdown Phase
- Myanmar: Overview of Recent Notifications Issued by the Central Bank of Myanmar
- Vietnam: The New Mechanism for Encouraging the Solar Power Development in Vietnam
- Do Cambodia Transfer Pricing Regulations Provide That Third Party Companies in a Benchmarking Study May Not Have +20% Shareholders?
- May 19, 2023
- Streamlined Process for Business Mergers Introduced in Cambodia’s New Sub-decree
- May 3, 2023
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia
- March 30, 2023
- Regulatory Update on the Implementation of the Competition Law
- March 2, 2023
- New Rules Guiding Real Estate Service Businesses Issued
- February 2, 2023