Vietnam GDT deems subsidiary of multinational a dependent agent PEAugust 6, 2012
A recent ruling from the Vietnam GDT has deemed that the Vietnam subsidiary of a multinational company is actually a PE of the foreign parent. As a result, the revenue share that the subsidiary pays to the foreign parent cannot be exempt from Vietnam withholding tax under the DTA Vietnam has with the country of residence of that parent. The GDT reignites an interpretation that was made famous by the Italian Supreme Court in the Philip Morris case. The consequences for tax planning in Vietnam might be far-reaching.
This Analysis includes the following points:
- Agency PE
- Philip Morris revisited?
- What may be the impact of OL No. 2065 in Vietnam?
- 2022: Year in Review
- December 22, 2022
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- May 24, 2022
- Online Tax Portal for Non-residents Conducting Cross-border E-commerce and Digital-based Business Activities in Vietnam Is Now Open
- March 23, 2022
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam?
- February 24, 2022
- Deductibility of Interest Loan for Company With Related Party Transactions – What Should Be Aware?
- November 29, 2021