Previously an associate director managing PwC’s legal practice, Sornpheth is an attorney-at-law with an impressive legal background, having been a district court judge, a legal researcher and a law lecturer in Laos.
He was part of the working group that prepared the civil law textbook, and amended the contract law, tort law and the economic arbitration organization law.
An expert in anti-corruption, he worked with the UNODC to implement the UN anti-corruption convention in Laos. At VDB Loi, Sornpheth provides legal advisory to clients from a broad range of industry sectors on their Lao law matters, including power, project finance and construction.
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- Senior Counsel – VDB Loi, Laos (Oct 2015–Present)
- Associate Director, Tax and Legal Services – PwC, Laos (2010–2015)
- Deputy Head, Legal Information Division, Law Research and International Cooperation Institute – Ministry of Justice, Laos (2008–2010)
- Deputy Head, Law Research Division, Law Research and International Cooperation Institute – Ministry of Justice, Laos (2000–2005)
- Judge – Saysettha District Court, Vientiane (1993–1997)
- 2008 – Master of Business Law, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
- 2000 – Bachelor of Law, National University of Laos, Vientiane, Laos
- 1993 – Law Diploma, National University of Laos, Vientiane, Laos
SOME KEY CLIENTS
- Banque Pour Le Commerce Exterieur
- Sumitomo Corporation
- IHI Infrastructure Systems Co.,Ltd
- B HIP Lao Sole Company Limited
- Hitachi Plant Construction, Ltd
- Maruhan Japan Bank Lao Company Limited
- Moët Hennessy Asia Pacific Pte., Ltd.
- Global Law Office (Beijing Office, China)
- Lao Japan Marketing Sole Co., Ltd.
- B.GRIM Power Limited
- King Wood & Malleson