Opportunities in Renewable Energy and Infrastructure: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam
Several markets in South and Southeast Asia continue to offer massive opportunities in energy and infrastructure development, driven by the energy transition and a strong growth in economy and population. A region that is rebounding strong after COVID, you cannot afford to be out of the loop on what is really happening on the ground. That is precisely the purpose of this highly practical briefing event by VDB Loi’s senior partner Edwin Vanderbruggen, who focuses on some of the regions’ hottest markets and projects.
- Cambodia’s upcoming 2 GW new solar projects and energy storage, ADB supported: How will the project pipeline look like?
- What is the real impact of Vietnam’s finally published Power Development Plan 8?
- International power trading from Laos and Cambodia to Singapore? Outlook and status update
- Which renewable energy projects are for sale or investment in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam?
- Is it still possible to obtain a power project in Bangladesh, Cambodia or Laos without a tender?
- What are the tariffs and commercial terms for wind and solar PPAs in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam?
- Updates on the pipeline for water, waste, transportation projects in the region
Edwin has a vast experience advising Governments, sponsors and lenders on energy, transportation, water and waste projects in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam. His on-the-ground knowledge, practical approach and his well-known public speaking skills make him a very welcome guest at JOI’s briefings in Tokyo for many years running. Now back after the COVID suspension, Edwin will outline the key things to know about these markets and projects, focusing on hot issues and real opportunities for Japanese investors in the energy and infrastructure space.
June 21, 2023
3.0PM - 5.30PM
JapAn Bank for International Cooperation 1 Chome-4-1 Ōtemachi Chiyoda City Tokyo